Thursday, January 30, 2014

Inspired by Pinterest

 I have been inspired by Pinterest. Yes, like many others i have been sucked in to the wonderful world of pins, delicious food, gorgeous houses, millions of DIY and I want to do it all..LOL
About a year ago we bought a house. With this, it came this overwhelming sense of being crafty.. I wanted my house to be pretty and i wanted to do it by myself.
So if you follow me on Instagram you will see that i have tried every little craft out there from painting the inside of vases to putting cute scrapbook paper inside frames.:)

Our bed didn't have a headboard. I started looking on pinterest and saw gorgeous pins about DIY Headboards, pins like these two

 
I was inspired!
So I knew that we needed a headboard, and I knew that we had some wood leftover from our fence. 
I knew that i wanted my headboard tall. so I grabbed like 10 boards and I sanded them.
 Until they were smooth. I sanded both sides with a 40 grit and only one side with 100 grit (Since only one side is what you really see)

 Then I stained the wood

The hubby had to come and help with this part. But he screwed  3 woods pieces to the wall.. and then screwed the boards to those thin pieces
 
This is my finished product. Thank you pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment